« I have at home different bottles of essential oils and some vegetable oils including almond oil and aloe vera oil. I would like to create cosmetic products to moisturize the skin on my face (rather dry) and my 13 year old daughter (acne prone skin). Could you send me some home moisturizing recipes made from easy-to-find ingredients ? Thank you » _ C.P
Discover 4 recipes made from aloe Vera oil to create at home, simple facial moisturizing oils (for normal, dry, oily and mature skin).
Discover also the cosmetic and dermatological virtues of the natural ingredients used in these recipes.
1. Your face and neck should be free of makeup or cosmetics. The first step is to moisturize the skin, moisten with warm water.
2. Then apply a uniform dose of this natural exfoliator on different parts of the face (nose, cheeks, neck, forehead and chin).
3. Once the product of extensive scrub on the skin, do a light massage. Do it gently with your fingertips, making gentle circular movements and focusing on the most problematic areas, which are usually the nose and chin.
4. Immediately after this massage, the scrub must be removed with warm water to permanently remove dead skin cells.
5. After removing the product, apply a tonic cosmetic and another with moisturizing properties.
1. SUGAR. One of the cheapest and the most effective home scrubs is using sugar, preferably fine-grained sugar.
Manual for exfoliating sugar : Clean your face, wet it and put in your hand a tablespoon of sugar. Rub your hands together a little, and then place your hands on different parts of the face needing a scrub and move with a circular motion. No need to use force! This is a ‘quick fix’, but the sugar is used only to exfoliate, while other masks have the advantage of feeding and hydrating the skin.
2. OATMEAL AND MILK. Oats are another great aid to exfoliate your face.
Recipe for a homemade scrub with oatmeal and milk : Mix 3 tablespoons of oatmeal with 1/4 cup of milk. Let the flakes absorb the liquid for about 10 minutes. Instructions: Apply the exfoliating mask on your face and let it sit for a few minutes.
In addition, you will moisturize the skin, which is ideal for dry skin. If your skin is oily replace the milk with water.
3. OATMEAL + ALMOND OIL. Rich in vitamins A and E, almond oil has properties soften the skin and accelerate cell repair. This oil has the advantage of not giving a greasy sensation.
Home facial scrub recipe : Mix the two ingredients to make a paste and apply it on the face. Gently massage the skin for 1-2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
4. HONEY. Honey is one of the most widely used natural products for beauty, an ingredient which purifies the skin and makes it silky and elastic.
Recipe and method for a honey facial scrub : Mix a tablespoon of honey, two ground almonds and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this paste on the face, avoiding around eyes and lips. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then remove the mask scrub wit
5. CARROT. Another exfoliating face mask very easy to make at home is to use a carrot. Carrot has an hydrating , soothing, regenerating and revitalizing effect on the skin.
Recipe for our carrot homemade face scrub : Clean and peel a carrot. Blend it in a blender to obtain a textured paste. Mix this paste with a little special moisturizing face cream and apply it on your face. Gently massage and let the mask scrub act on your skin for 15 minutes. Remove the mask with warm water.
6. ORANGE PEEL. There is nothing like using powdered orange peel to exfoliate and cleanse the skin without irritating it : a delicate and deep exfoliation!
Recipe for homemade scrub and of orange peel : peel an orange and dry the bark in the sun or faster in an oven at a temperature of 60 degrees Celsius for 1.5 hours or more. Then, blend the dry orange peel to a fine powder. If you do not have a blender , do it manually in a mortar with a pestle and a lot of patience …
Mix 2 tablespoons of orange peel powder with 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix all these natural ingredients and apply the paste to the face. Gently massage for 1-2 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
7. KIWI. The kiwi certainly has enzymatic and cleansing properties which are very popular in cosmetology.
Recipe for homemade kiwi scrub : Mix the flesh of a ripe kiwi with half plain yogurt and lastly add 2 tablespoons of fine sugar. Add the contents of a capsule of vitamin E if you have. Apply this 100% natural exfoliating mask to your face. Massage your skin to properly cleanse the pores of the skin and rinse after 10 minutes.
8. COFFEE. Fine grains of coffee act as a perfect natural exfoliator.
Recipe for homemade coffee scrub : Mix 2 tablespoons of coffee (coffee already used) with the flesh of 3 crushed plums. Gently massage your face with this mixture for 1-2 minutes then rinse with warm water.
9. CORN. Mix 2 tablespoons cornmeal with a sufficient amount of yogurt for a thick and smooth paste. Gently massage the skin for 1-2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Another alternative to yogurt is an egg white.
10. GREEN TEA. Green tea is not only good for drinking, but can also be a fantastic element in natural scrubs and other skin care products. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and helps to nourish and protect the skin. Green tea also has anti-inflammatory properties, thus making it an excellent choice for sensitive or acne prone skin.
Recipe for a homemade scrub made from green tea : Mix a tablespoon of brewed concentrated green tea cooled with two teaspoons of ground almond powder, a pinch of sea salt (if you have oily skin ) and a few drops of sweet almond oil . Massage the skin gently. Leave the facial mask on for 3 minutes then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
_ Do not overdo the facial scrubs to avoid irritating the skin excessively. The facial scrub can be done once a week if you have dry or sensitive skin and more frequently if you have oily skin
_ Do not expose the area around the eyes to the exfoliator, as this area is extremely sensitive and can react badly to certain ingredients
_ The facial scrub is a great way to prepare the skin for the application of self-tanning (allows a more uniform result) or masks.
Author : Alexis ROGER
Llearon Rao will show you how you can look and feel younger holistically using Homemade Skin Care Products, Foods, Herbs, Supplements, Ayurveda, Facial Yoga, Facial Exercises, Homeopathy and Gemstone Therapy !
In order to download the Llearon’ s E-book, please click on the image !